Class action cases is a lawsuit filed or defended by an individual acting on behalf of a group. When a group of people have experienced injustice at the hands of a company or individual, a class action lawsuit can allow individuals to be compensated.
Funding a class action case can be complex, however with litigation financing a third-party funder would cover all the costs of the case, illuminating some of the difficulties. At Kramer Sullivan, we specialise in litigation finance, helping you receive between £1,000 to £1 billion to finance your claim. If you have a class action suit, Kramer Sullivan can secure you the funds you need and take the financial risk out of your case.
Kramer Sullivan can provide the funds necessary to pay for any legal fees, court fees and living costs so that you can claim the large settlement that is rightfully yours. If you think you might need litigation funding to bring a claim, get in contact with Kramer Sullivan as we consider each case individually and treat each customer as an individual. However, if you want to find out more about how litigation finance could help you fund a class action case, we’ve covered everything you need to know.
How can I get funding for a class action case?
If you are pursuing or defending a class action case, get in contact with Kramer Sullivan today. Submitted the details of your claim in as much depth as possible, and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss your options for funding your claim. In order to receive funding for your case you will need to have a strong case, third-party funders fund cases and only receive payment if the case is successful. For this reason, you’ll need a strong case to receive funding.
Why do I need litigation finance for a class action claim?
If you are pursuing a class action claim there are a number of reasons you might need support to finance your claim:
- You all have the money to fund your own claim, but the ‘no win, no fee’ nature of litigation finance means it is a less risky option.
- Class action cases can be complex, litigation finance means being able to hire the best legal team, without being out of pocket.
- Send a message, having litigation fiance means that a third-party investor is so confident that your case will win that they are investing their money into the claim. This sends a clear message of your confidence to whoever your claim is against.
- The case has left you out of pocket. It’s very common to be out of pocket after a financial dispute and you may well need to settle this dispute with a class action case. If you don’t have the funds to finance the case yourself litigation finance can help you.
Am I eligible for funding?
Not every case is eligible for litigation finance, so whether or not you are able to get litigation finance will depend upon the strength of your claim. As mentioned above, because third-party funders will only get their money back if the case wins, the funder will need to be confident in the strength of your claim. The size of your claim will also be important to consider as the potential winnings will need to be enough for the funder to get back their investment. You can find out more about what makes a claim strong and whether or not you are likely to be eligible here.
By getting in contact with Kramer Sullivan you can find out whether you are eligible for litigation. Kramer Sullivan has links with many third-party funders and can find the perfect funder for your case.
How can Kramer Sullivan help me?
- Finding the perfect third-party funder for your case – Kramer Sullivan works with a range of third-party funders so someone in our expert team can find the perfect funder for your specific case.
- Taking the financial risk out – Litigation finance usually works on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis, which removes most of the financial risk from your claim.
- Making litigation funding simple and easy to access – by getting in contact with Kramer Sullivan you will be removing the stressful and time consuming task of finding a third-party funder, our team will take care of it all.
How can I apply for funding for a class action claim with Kramer Sullivan?
- Go to Kramer Sullivan
- Fill in our form to apply for litigation finance. Put in as much detail as you can.
- A member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss your case and see if you are eligible for funding.