Shareholder disputes are fairly common and although they can often be resolved without taking the issue to court, sometimes there is no other way to settle the dispute. Shareholder disputes can arise in a number of ways, either from fall outs, mismanagement, conflict of interests, or personal issues affecting the business. If this is the case, you might wish to explore third-party funding, allowing you to fund your claim on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis and reducing the financial risk involved in your claim. At Kramer Sullivan, we specialise in litigation finance, helping you receive between £1,000 to £1 billion to finance your claim. If you have a shareholder dispute case, Kramer Sullivan can secure you the funds you need and take the financial risk out of your case.
Kramer Sullivan can provide the funds necessary to pay for any legal fees, court fees and living costs so that you can claim the large settlement that is rightfully yours. If you think you might need litigation funding to settle a shareholder dispute, get in contact with Kramer Sullivan as we consider each case individually and treat each customer as an individual. However, if you want to find out more about how litigation finance could help you fund your case, we’ve covered everything you need to know.
Why do I need litigation finance for a shareholder dispute claim?
If you have a shareholder dispute there are a number of reasons you might need support to finance your claim:
- You have the money to fund your own claim, but the ‘no win, no fee’ nature of litigation finance means it is a less risky option.
- Claims involving shareholder disputes can be complex, litigation finance means being able to hire the best legal team, without being out of pocket yourself.
- You’ve been left out of pocket, if the dispute has been financial, its possible you can no longer afford to fund your claim, litigation finance allows you to bring your claim and get the money you deserve.
Am I eligible for funding a claim against a director?
Not every claim will be eligible for litigation finance, so whether or not you are able to get litigation finance will depend upon the strength and size of your claim. Because third-party funders will only get their money back if the case wins, the funder will need to be confident in the strength of your claim. The size of your claim will also be important to consider as the potential winnings will need to be enough for the funder to get back their investment. You can find out more about what makes a claim strong and whether or not you are likely to be eligible here.
When it comes to bringing a claim over a shareholder dispute there will need to be clear fault or misconduct by one of the shareholders. There are many reasons why a shareholder dispute might occur but to be eligible for litigation funding you’ll need a clear and strong case.
By getting in contact with Kramer Sullivan you can find out whether you are eligible for litigation. Kramer Sullivan has links with many third-party funders and can find the perfect funder for your case.
How can I get funding for a shareholder dispute case?
If you are pursuing or defending a shareholder dispute case, get in contact with Kramer Sullivan today. Submitted the details of your claim in as much depth as possible, and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss your options for funding your claim. In order to receive funding for your case you will need to have a strong case, third-party funders fund cases and only receive payment if the case is successful. For this reason, you’ll need a strong case to receive funding.
How can Kramer Sullivan help with shareholder dispute claims?
- Finding the perfect third-party funder for your case – Kramer Sullivan works with a range of third-party funders so someone in our expert team can find the perfect funder for your specific case.
- Taking the financial risk out – Litigation finance usually works on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis, which removes most of the financial risk from your claim.
- Making litigation funding simple and easy to access – by getting in contact with Kramer Sullivan you will be removing the stressful and time consuming task of finding a third-party funder, our team will take care of it all.
How can I apply for funding for a shareholder dispute case?
- Go to Kramer Sullivan
- Fill in our form to apply for litigation finance. Put in as much detail as you can.
- A member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss your case and see if you are eligible for funding.