At Kramer Sullivan, we specialise in litigation finance, helping you receive between £1,000 to £1 billion to finance your claim. If you want to bring a claim against a director, Kramer Sullivan can secure you the funds you need and take the financial risk out of your case.
Kramer Sullivan can provide the funds necessary to pay for any legal fees, court fees and living costs so that you can claim the large settlement that is rightfully yours. If you think you might need litigation funding to bring a claim against a director, get in contact with Kramer Sullivan as we consider each case individually and treat each customer as an individual. However, if you want to find out more about how litigation finance could help you bring a claim against a director, we’ve covered everything you need to know.
Usually, the directors of limited companies benefit from a limited liability status. However, in certain circumstances that protection can be removed. When directors are liable, they can become subject to personal claims against them. This usually occurs when there has been a breach of their duties or claims can follow the insolvency of a company.
In complex circumstances like this, it is incredibly important to seek legal advice, to protect yourself. The law surrounding personal claims against directors can be complex.
How can I get funding for a claim against a director?
If you believe you have a claim against a director, get in contact with Kramer Sullivan today. Once you’ve submitted the details of your claim a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss your options for funding your claim.
Why do I need finance to claim against a director?
If you have a claim against a director there are a number of reasons you might need support to finance your claim:
- You have the money to fund your own claim, but the ‘no win, no fee’ nature of litigation finance means it is a less risky option.
- Claims against directors can be complex, litigation finance means being able to hire the best legal team, without being out of pocket yourself.
- Send a message to the director, having litigation fiance means that a third-party investor is so confident that your case will win that they are investing their money into the claim. This sends a clear message of your confidence to whoever your claim is against.
Am I eligible for funding a claim against a director?
Not all claims will be eligible for litigation finance, so whether or not you are able to get litigation finance will depend upon the strength of your claim. Because third-party funders will only get their money back if the case wins, the funder will need to be confident in the strength of your claim. The size of your claim will also be important to consider as the potential winnings will need to be enough for the funder to get back their investment. You can find out more about what makes a claim strong and whether or not you are likely to be eligible here.
When it comes to bringing a claim against a director there will also need to be some kind of liability on the part of the director. Often directors benefit from a limited liability status, so to bring a viable case against a director there will need to be liable, usually because of a breach of their duties or following the insolvency of a company.
By getting in contact with Kramer Sullivan you can find out whether you are eligible for litigation. Kramer Sullivan has links with many third-party funders and can find the perfect funder for your case.
How can Kramer Sullivan help with claims against a director?
- Finding the perfect third-party funder for your case – Kramer Sullivan works with a range of third-party funders so someone in our expert team can find the perfect funder for your specific case.
- Taking the financial risk out – Litigation finance usually works on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis, which removes most of the financial risk from your claim.
- Making litigation funding simple and easy to access – by getting in contact with Kramer Sullivan you will be removing the stressful and time consuming task of finding a third-party funder, our team will take care of it all.
How can I apply for claims against a director with Kramer Sullivan?
- Go to Kramer Sullivan
- Fill in our form to apply for litigation finance. Put in as much detail as you can.
- A member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss your case and see if you are eligible for funding.